We are committed to keeping customer information confidential and used solely for the purpose of serving you better. We will only use data in compliance with the UK Data Protection Act 1998 and the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 and will only use the information that we collect about you lawfully, in accordance with the Acts and this policy.
Any information you provide will be kept confidential and used to support your relationship with us. It will help us to alert you to new products, special offers and services, which are suited to you as they become available.
Such uses may be special offers in promotional emails and on our website.
The policies and terms described below are not intended to and do not create any contractual or other legal rights in or on behalf of any party.
We do not share personally identifiable data with any other companies except as provided in this policy or permitted by law. We may provide such aggregate statistics about our sales, traffic patterns and related website information to trustworthy third parties, but these statistics will not include personally-identifying information.
In order to provide you with a service, fulfil a transaction you have requested or in connection with legal process, we may share personally identifiable data with our agents (such as payment processing companies, credit reference agencies, outside suppliers, distributors or delivery companies), and group companies for such purpose, relevant authorities or otherwise with your permission. Where appropriate, we share user experience information or other customer level personally identifiable information with companies within our group as well as our trusted third parties, agents and business partners for the purpose of accomplishing our objectives of customer personalisation and improvement of site design and user experience.
As part of our customer service offering, we provide a regular email newsletter service. This service provides details of special offers and product promotions as well as information on new products.
If you wish to opt-out of this service, please access the “Unsubscribe” link available on all promotional emails. You can subscribe again at any time via the website.
If you have any questions please email our Customer Services Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Security of Information
- There is a nominated member of staff who deals with security of information and personal data.
- All employees are briefed on the importance of personal data and security and confidentiality of information obtained.
- We control physical security in relation to the information and personal data that is contained at our facilities and restrict access to the computer rooms, technology areas, equipment and other facilities where unauthorised access by people could compromise our security.
- All proprietary or confidential information, including personal data, is contained on computer and any that is contained and stored on manual files are locked up and secure.
- We seek to control access to the information and personal data, including existing procedures for authorising and authenticating users as well as software controls for restricting access and techniques for protecting data such as encryption. We monitor and log access to our IT systems to assist in the detection and investigation of security breaches and any attempted breaches if they occur.
- We endeavour to maintain a business continuity plan as a contingency plan, which identifies our business functions and assets (including personal data) which would need to be maintained in the event of disaster and set out the procedures for protecting and restoring them if necessary.
- We train our staff on security systems and have relevant procedures in place. Accordingly, all P&L staff are aware of information security issues and they can go to the relevant officer with any issues relating to the Data Protection Act/Privacy or personal data.